Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.1 Supervised Transfer

1dschock
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario:

Unity does a supervised transfer to an extension that is busy. Call handler is setup to automatically place caller on hold. After the first 30 seconds, the caller is prompted to continue holding, leave a message or try a different extension. Caller sits dumbfounded on the phone, confused by the slightest chance that they would actually have to provide some sort of feedback.

Question:

Can I control where Unity directs callers if they are too lame to press a key after that prompt?? They are currently being sent to the opening greeting.

Thanks alot!

-Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently that's not configurable - it's hard coded to go to the opening greeting handler created by setup. The original idea was to start the process of backing out and eventually hanging up on a call that may have disconnected without us getting a signal as such (a problem on some older PBXes out there in the past, not something that happens a heck of a lot these days).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently that's not configurable - it's hard coded to go to the opening greeting handler created by setup. The original idea was to start the process of backing out and eventually hanging up on a call that may have disconnected without us getting a signal as such (a problem on some older PBXes out there in the past, not something that happens a heck of a lot these days).

is this changed in 4.0.2 or is it still not configurable ?

Not currently - we added control for subscriber exit points and more control for exits off of name lookup handlers and the like but the hold queue is still hard coded at this point.

I'll check with the conversations guys and see if this is on their queue somewhere.

Chatted with the conversations guys and you may be in luck here. There's a undocumented registry setting that will allow you to change which call handler we send calls to on a system wide basis - by default it'll go to the opening greeting call handler but you can change this to be any call handler in the system.

There is a registry key that be used to work this -

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Conversations\1.0\Phone Transfer\CallHoldingXferTo

It is a string and you will need to have the alias of the handler that we want to send the call to.

Yeah, this is system wide which I suspect you don't want - I'm guessing you want this configurable on a per handler basis such that it can loop back to the same handler instead and do a "hands free" holding scheme.

Jeff, I realize I'm replying to a post almost a year old, but I'm running into the same problem here and would like to know if there is a configurable method for this yet. I'm in a multi-tenant scenario, and this feature can't possibly be used by more than one tenant's call Handler unless we have the ablility to change this on a per-handler basis. Thanks in advance.

No, there's been no changes in this regard since then - there's been no requests added to the PERs database for this type of thing so the product folks haven't had this on the list of items for the engineering folks to work on. The best I can suggest is to get your account team to put in a PER for it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: