SRST Config

Answered Question

Looking to implement a rollout with CM 3.3 and where remote sites will have 3725's w/ SRST and also 1760's w/o SRST, but with FXO's to POTS lines. Just want to confirm that when the 3725 goes into SRST mode, it will be able to route calls across the LAN to the 1760 and out the POTS lines, and of course the reverse for imcoming calls. I would think properly configured "dial-peer voip" statements would handle this, but want to confirm there aren't any limitations that I'm not aware of when in SRST. So far all my implementations have had the PSTN access on the router where SRST is installed.

Thanks in advance!

Correct Answer by thusain about 14 years 3 months ago

Yes you are right, the SRST gateway and the 1760 will be able to send calls to and from each other. Make sure you are on the lates code though, because some of the transfer stuff was broken when SRST was talking voip to anohter gateway. I would have 15T and above running on both LAN gateways.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
thusain Thu, 05/08/2003 - 10:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Yes you are right, the SRST gateway and the 1760 will be able to send calls to and from each other. Make sure you are on the lates code though, because some of the transfer stuff was broken when SRST was talking voip to anohter gateway. I would have 15T and above running on both LAN gateways.

Actions

This Discussion