cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Load Balancing

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 5300 E1 ports on two different gateways used for incoming. I have configured the route patterns in the callmanager poining to one gateway only. I have configured all of them with h.323. I have to load balance the outgoing call on both the gateways. The site is non NANP. How can I achieve this.

4 Replies 4

oodunuga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Should be pretty straight forward.

1.Configure the the two gateways as H323 gateways on the call manager

2. Create a route-group "RG_PSTN" and add the two h323 gateway created earlier to this group. select order 1 for both gateways

3.go service parameters and set the Reorder Route-list to TRUE

This is what you get with the servi ce parameter.

Reorder Route List : Use this parameter for route group configuration. If this fag is set to True, all devices of the first Route group of a Route list with the same device-selection-order will take turn to handle calls in a round-robin fashion. If this flag is set to False, all devices of the first Route group with the same device-selection-order will handle calls in the linear fashion.

This is a required field. Default: false.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tola.

I have some of the dial-peers on only one gateway and some of them on both gateways. What happens to outgoing call which goes to gateway which doesnt have the dial-peer. Will it go back to the first gateway.

Reorder Route List: Does that say fag?

I just checked my 3.3(3) system, and it says flag. So if it did say that at one point, its fixed.