Views
Helpful
Replies

Router to router VPN

dinesh_ymca
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys.

we are having one location in USA and one in India.We are taking a data link between these two lines and want to set up VPN Between the two.

i m having 7206 Router and also 2621 router at both the sites.Can i use router to router VPN.Means can i use VPN Between these two router.

Please explain in detail,ny document that explains will be very helpful

Regards

Dinesh

4 Replies 4

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dinesh,

You can look at many router-to-router Ipsec configurations at:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:IPSec&s=Implementation_and_Configuration

Jazib

thx a lot.

one more doubt.I m using the same two 7206 routers between the two sites for IPLC `s which asre forwarding my voice traffci between the two locations.I want to use the same 7206 VXR Routers at the two locations for VPN.

If i donot use any hardware module.Is it going to cause abny issues.

And what IOS version should i have on my routers.

Regards

Dinesh

Hi there,

Voice traffic is time sensitive. Having a router without an encryption module would add considerable delay when the packet gets encrypted. I guess, it really depends on you how much delay you can tolerate. You can look at the V3PN design guide for different scenarios and IOS recommendation etc

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns241/c649/ccmigration_09186a0080146c8e.pdf

Jazib

Thx.

now senario is a lot more clear to me.

one last query.

i m using c7200-is-mz.122-10 and c7200-kboot-mz.122-12b.bin

and crypto commands are not working on my router.

crypto isakmp policy 1

should i need to upgrade my router IOS.i also tried to find out using cisco software adviser but could not find any satisfactory answer.

Please tell what to do.

Regards

Dinesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: