cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco IOS 12.2(16)T compatible with 2514 router?

brucedavis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have searched through the Cisco site, and there are only a few items

relating directly to IOS 12.2(16). It deals with 2600 series routers.

I would appreciate some feedback on the newest 12.2 IOS that would be

compatible with my 2514 router. I want the IOS to have

IPv6 capabilities. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bruce Davis, CCNA since 2003

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

All levels of 12.2 are supported on the 2500 series provided you have enough flash and DRAM. The minimum amounts are posted on CCO as part of the download process.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

IPv6 was integrated into regular IOS releases in 12.2(2)T and many other features were added later in the T branch. It requires the IP Plus featureset. In general, it's a good idea to use the most recent code on the branch you use, which makes 12.2(15)T2 with IP Plus the code of choice. For confirmation, the image name is "c2600-is-l.12.2-15.T2.bin". It requires that your 2514 have 16MB of DRAM and 16MB of flash.

In the future, you can use Software Advisor to find a selection of IOS releases with the features you want that will run on your hardware. It is linked from the Software Center page here:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

All levels of 12.2 are supported on the 2500 series provided you have enough flash and DRAM. The minimum amounts are posted on CCO as part of the download process.

Thanks guys. That's a relief. I will look into that 12.2(15)T2 version, but the

name sure throws me off when I'm looking for a 2500 series router IOS

and the file name is 2600..I'm sure you're right though.

Thank you,

Bruce Davis, CCNA since 2003

That was my typo, actually, I apologize. I work with a lot of 2600s. :) The error was in the filename only. The correct name is c2500-is-l.122-15.T2.bin, IP plus, reconfirmed as 16MB/16MB DRAM/flash required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: