2 - 3.2.2c BAT tool questions

Answered Question
May 14th, 2003
User Badges:

I'm currently running 3.2.2c on a 4 call manager cluster. I'm using the BAT tool to create a large number of phones. I want to have a unique ANI (External Phone Number Mask) for each phone. It doesn't appear from the sample excel spreadsheet that I can. Also using the BAT Tool, can I change a large number of DN numbers from one value to another say from a 4 digit number to a 5 digit number. I didn't see a way of doing this either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Correct Answer by tringwelski_2 about 14 years 3 months ago

The BAT tool is designed for fields which are not unique, it use asp to build the sql and bulk populate the fields, so your assumption is correct, you can NOT use the tool to change the external phone mask, and you can never use the bat tool to change any DN #.

In large depolyment ip phones, it becomes cumbersum to edit bulk phones, translations, and device profiles from the CCM administration pages.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
tringwelski_2 Wed, 05/14/2003 - 15:23
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The BAT tool is designed for fields which are not unique, it use asp to build the sql and bulk populate the fields, so your assumption is correct, you can NOT use the tool to change the external phone mask, and you can never use the bat tool to change any DN #.

In large depolyment ip phones, it becomes cumbersum to edit bulk phones, translations, and device profiles from the CCM administration pages.

Actions

This Discussion