Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cisco Aironet 1200 continually drops NetMeeting connections

Unanswered Question
May 19th, 2003
User Badges:

I am trying to find out if anyone is experience issues with NetMeeting and Cisco Aironet devices (1200). Users in my company are constantly getting knocked off there connections as well as some experience laptop lockin up when NetMeeting fails. Is there any work around to this issue or is this inherent to wireless.

Sincerely.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
derwin Mon, 05/19/2003 - 15:45
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Do you have any signs of interference or congestion on the AP ?

Have a look on the radio stats page for CRC errors and hold offs/ discards

Dont forget that it is 11M half duplex you need to scale your network the same as you would with a 10 half duplex hub ( not a switch). My guess is that you are congesting the network and as such your netmeeting doesnt get through as it is very delay senstive

g0ll0tti Mon, 05/19/2003 - 15:54
User Badges:

I notice when I run NetMeeting, I will lose packets on the AP but it doesn't drop the connection (I've only tested this is with one other person connected. Other times, I will have a stong connection (refresh is quick but then I lose all connection to running applications). Some people have complained of laptop locking up. In your experiences, is this just an inherent problem with wireless or would throwing more AP's at the problem reduce the instances?

Actions

This Discussion