Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to reset 1200-AccessPoint to its default user and password

El_Pedro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Many times i tried now to reset the Access point to its default parameters.

I fallowed precisely the users manually But it doesn't work. The Accesspoint

ist still set by the last changes, because the SSID is alway the same and not the standard SSID

So i can't configure it because i don't know the password which was set by the last administrator.

The Accespoints Firmware is vers. 11.40 T.

Does anybody have an idea?

5 Replies 5

rburkhard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pedro,

I have same problems and hope we will get an answer today, otherwise I will sent the Accesspoint back to cisco (It is a new device from cisco...)

Version is 12.2(8).

Regards

Ruedi

Hi Pedro,

I couldn't set to defaults, but I found the (default) password. It is Cisco, with a uppercase C at the begin, not as usual all letters lowercase!

Maybe it helps you.

Ruedi

Yes, I know,

I have found it in the manuals too. But no success. Always the same message...

I hope sombody can help us.

Pedro

Pedro, With the firmware version 11.40 there was problem with the reset. CSCdy60114

The only way around this is to use the "old " method for a password recovery

Follow the steps here for a pre 11.07 firmware

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/pwrec-2.html

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW STEP BY STEP OR YOU MAY RENDER YOU ACCESS POINT UNSERVICEABLE AND WILL NEED TO BE SENT TO THE FACTORY FOR REPAIR.

If after reading this you are not clear on any of the steps please contact the TAC as if you make a mistake the only way to reapir it is via an RMA

Firmware versions newer than 11.50 do not have this problem and once you have recovered the passowrd then I recommend that you upgradeto the latest firmware version to avoid it in the furture

Not applicable

Make sure you are logged in as "Administrator" on the workstation, you cannot access most features logged in as a user with admin privlidges.

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card