Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static routes

How do I configure a static route for a Cisco 1600 router, regards Mac.....

12 Replies 12

kthanuva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

ip route A.B.C.D (destination network A.B.C.D (destination mask) router's interface/ip address (Forwarding router's address) administrative distance.(optional)

Regards

kiruba

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Are you feeling a bit lazy today?

It takes just as much time to check this out yourself as it takes to register for the forum and post a question.

As far as I'm concerned, questions that are so easy to look up as this one should not be asked in the forum.

Feel free to agree or not,but that is my opinion.

Leo

Hi -

I do agree with what Leo just said, all you need to do is type 'cisco static ip route' on a search engine like www.google.com and bingo !!!

--

Hi,

did that but so much jargon on Cisco site, thought I might get a straight answer from people who work mustly with this kit, as I don't

Martin -

If you want to create a IP route on a cisco 1600 or any other cisco routers, all needs doing is this -

In config mode, i.e.

> router(config) ip route N.N.N.H MASK ADDRS NEXT HOP ADDRS

> now come out from config mode by using ctrl+z and issue a write memory

Hope this helps -

Thankyou,

regards mac....

No need to be flippant, I don't have the manual and I am a computer engineer not comms Ok.......

Martin -

Didn't mean to sound 'flippant' - sorry !!

Well tell me how to do it, please,

Regards Mac.....

well, so much of discussions on this.

Ok, it is left to the people who ask the questions. if they feel, let them ask, and if somebody is interested to answer, let them answer.

well martin, for your question, the first reply gives the answer.

so cheers

-Deepu

Thanks for your helpful assistance

Regards mac.......

Martin,

Just go right ahead asking questions. Everyone here started the

same way even though most won't admit it.

This forum should support everyone, not just be a place for ego reinforcement. I would like to have a transcript of the day all of us

were handed a router for the first time. Let's help out and stay humble,

the mark of a true professional.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: