cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Specific Facilites Configuration

rsantry
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 1760 with a PRI 4ESS connected to AT&T Megacom service. I am using MGCP with Callmanager 3.3(2). I am trying to get the network specific facilities to go through, but am having no luck has anyone done this, also is there a specific IOS that I have to use on the 1760 to get this to work? Please help

Thanks in advance

Ryan

8 Replies 8

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not really..Any IOS should be ok. We need to see the debug for "debug isdn q931" to see the network specific facility is included in the call setup message or not. So post that debug here.

You can use command "isdn nsf-service magacom" command under the d-channel config to have magacom service for outgoing calls. Make sure to have "isdn switch-type primary-4ess" configured first under the d channel to have that "isdn nsf-service magacom" command available.

When a CallManager controlled gateway is configured for PRI, the ISDN PRI Layer 2 (Q.921) signaling functions are performed on the MGCP gateway, while all the ISDN PRI Layer 3 (Q.931) signaling is backhauled to the Callmanager through a reliable TCP connection. Since the Callmanager now handles Q931 signalling when using MGCP, there are no IOS configuration tasks to enable Network Specific Features.

The route pattern design has been changed in the CallManager 3.3(2) and later to enable invocation of facilities or services on a call-by-call basis. The NSF configuration tasks are done in CallManager, and specifically, in the route pattern configuration page.

Cisco IOS MGCP Gateway Support for Cisco CallManager Network Specific Facilities

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide09186a0080181117.html

From the URL, it doesn't look like the 1760 is one of the supported platforms for the feature. I'm looking into this to find out if support for it is on the roadmap, and will post my findings.

Regards,

Michael.

In Callmanager the field Service Paramter Name it says not exist, using MEGACOM how do I tell the gateway that the service is international for example. I have got the Long Distance functioning with that configuration, but am still struggling with International.

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan,

IOS MGCP Gateway Support for CallManager Network Specific Facilities on the 1760 will be in 12.2.15ZL.

Regards,

Michael.

Hello Ryan,

The MEGACOM Telecom Service does exist in CallManager 3.3(2) route pattern configuration. First choose the PRI 4ESS as the switch type. The Service Parameters then appear in the "Network Service" field.

Regards,

Bob

rsantry
Level 4
Level 4

Micheal Thank you very much for your input, do you have a release date on this IOS? I need this today so I am not sure when that will be out.

THanks

Ryan

I don't have a specific date, but can say that it is scheduled to be available later this month.

Regards,

Michael.

Just a FYI, I got it working using 12.2.13ZF with 9.@ classifying it as CallManager in the Gateway. Thanks for you help everyone.