cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Failed to create ASP object for : _RemoteScripts/rs_device.asp" Error

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

I have call manager 3.2(2c). Yesterday I reinstalled the CRA editor with the different key. I strated getting the above error. Is that something link with the CRA. This error I am getting when I am in call manager admin page. I am trying to associate a user with the IP phone. It doesn't matter. I am receiveing the error what ever action i take. Anyhelp will be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have mcafee netsheild installed on the box?

CSCdx04452 Bug Details

Symptom:

Failed to create ASP object for:_RemoteScripts/rs_device.asp.

Condition:

Accessing all Device pages and find user pages in CCMAdmin on the Publisher using

Microsoft Internet Explorer and also McAfee Netshield 4.5 is installed on the Publisher.

Workaround:

Several workarounds clear the problem.

- Disable .ASP file checking in McAfee

- Disable Mcafee netshield

- Stop and restart Mcafee netsheild (note - if IIS is restarted, the problem will reoccur)

I figured it out . I was trying to tweak my call manager according to the cisco documentation. CIsco says that you may stop the service if not required. I stopped the services and the one from of it was "Distributed Fiel System". I restrated that service and it is working now. Sorry about that. But it is weired that cisco recommends that you may stop the service if not requried but did not mentioned for call manager not to stop.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: