cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSDbSync File at 3gig!!!

mjgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CSDbSync file that has grown to 3 Gig on my C: drive. I just installed my ACS software 3 days ago and this is the only file that has grown to this size. What is this file for and can I delete it?

5 Replies 5

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

CSDBSync is the service used to synchronize the Cisco Secure ACS database with third-party relational database management system (RDBMS) systems. CSDBSync synchronizes AAA client, AAA server, network device groups (NDGs) and Proxy Table information with data from a table in an external relational database. For information on RDBMS Synchronization, see RDBMS Synchronization.

About CSDBSync

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs31/acsuser/s.htm#601056

Please adjust the parameters for setting up log file maintenance: under Working with CSV Logs section:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs31/acsuser/r.htm#547308

Thanks,

Yatin

Hi,

Are you saying CSDBSync.txt file under the log directory is getting that big? If thats the case, its quite unusual. I would check to see if the RDBMS is set up automatic accidentaly on ACS server. Way you can check that is as follows:

System Configuration --> RDBMS Synchronization -->Synchronization Scheduling

Please set it to Manually. If its already set to Manually, then I would collect package.cab file for further analysis. What version of ACS is it ? Whats the platform?

Thanks,

Mynul

I have v3.1 and running on a 2000 member server in an NT 4.0 domain. I didn't set anything up in the database are that would replicate or anything like that so it should all be default. All I did was setup the services to logon as an account in my domain with a couple of local policies to act as a system and admin account.

The location of the log file was here:

C:\Program Files\CiscoSecure ACS v3.1\CSDBSync\Logs\CSDbSync 2003-06-07.log

I have since uninstalled ACS and re-installed it on the D: drive so I wouldn't have any problems with the logs filling up and crashing the system.

Hi,

If you seeing the huge logs, please see if you can open up the file and paste few lines of logs. Thanks, Mynul

For starters, the log file is gone since I uninstalled ACS from C: and reinstalled to D:. Also, the file is too big to open. Win2k said it didn't have enough memory even though there is 1gig of ram in it. I appreciate the help and wish I would have saved it or something so I could have opened it in another view or the command line.

Thanks for the assistance.

post closed.

mjg