Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of SQL2000 on CM does not chage regedit

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we performed an upgrade of SQL 2000 of CM with SQL2K sp3a. In the upgrade instructions we are promt to verify that the installation is successful by checking version through SQL Query and through regedit. Although with the SQL Query we see the correct version, in regedit the CSDversion and CSDversion Number are not the ones that should be. Does this mean the installation was not successful?

We tested it on an MCS7815 and on an MCS7822.

Regards,

Yanna

4 Replies 4

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I have just checked this on my serer and it's reflecting it correctly. Where did you get this Service Pack from? Also this seems to be a known problem on MSFT's website

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;222507

Extract of it

"To verify that the hotfixed component is in place, check the last modified date and time of the fixed component in your installation with the last modified date and time of the same file in the last service pack applied, or of the same file in the hotfix installation folder. "

End of Extract

hi,

thanks for your reply, but the link you are offering refers to Windows NT 4.0. I downloaded the service pack from Cisco site.

Yanna

Hi

I know it was referring to NT 4.0. I just wanted to show you an example that the best thing we do to check if the SP is correctly installed that we check the component versions.

Hi,

so could you explain to me how do I check that?

Yanna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: