Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS 4.0 Custom signature - cacthing an URL

efink
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can anybody help me with what I thought it was a simple task but it happend to be a little more than that. I want to see an alarm when somebody is trying to browse the following URL: http://www.vasco.si/oddaljeno_delo.htm . Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcerha
Level 3
Level 3

This will require a two step process. First, create a custom signature looking for the URI in question. For 3.x sensors, use the STATE.HTTP engine. For 4.0 sensors, use the SERVICE.HTTP engine. You'll fill in the UriRegex with '/oddaljeno_delo.htm'. This may be all you need. However, if you want to be exact, you'll need to create an alarm filter to only match on the IP address for the website in question. Please consult the IDS documentation for information on how to do this step.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ali-franks
Level 1
Level 1

s

mcerha
Level 3
Level 3

This will require a two step process. First, create a custom signature looking for the URI in question. For 3.x sensors, use the STATE.HTTP engine. For 4.0 sensors, use the SERVICE.HTTP engine. You'll fill in the UriRegex with '/oddaljeno_delo.htm'. This may be all you need. However, if you want to be exact, you'll need to create an alarm filter to only match on the IP address for the website in question. Please consult the IDS documentation for information on how to do this step.

Thanks. It solved my problem. I tried with the whole URL and it didn't work, now with only the last couple of letters it works just fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: