cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Callers Asked to Enter Password

scoyte
Level 1
Level 1

Help!!! When I call an interal phone from another phone, I get the log in prompt (please enter your password) from Unity rather than the subscriber's greeting. When calling in from the outside or from extensions with no VM I get the greeting as normal. We are running Unity 2.4.6 with CM 3.0(9) (I know, its old).

I think that it is a problem with the call routing in Unity, but I have tried everything I know to do and still cannot fix it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yeah, that is kinda weird - were there any changes to the routing rules lately?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

scoyte
Level 1
Level 1

Just figured it out. I added a duplicate rule for "attempt forward" to greeting and it started working. I guess the default rule was not being applied for some reason??? Weird!!!

yeah, that is kinda weird - were there any changes to the routing rules lately?

I did change the routing rules yesterday. I deleted a rule for a call handler that no longer exists. But the default "attempt forward" to subscriber's greeting is still in there, but it doesn't appear to be applying the rule. As I watched calls coming accross in the status monitor, I saw the rules being applied and that one was skipped. At any rate, it's working now so I am happy even if that rule is duplicated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: