Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Quicker Prompts, Speeding up the TUI

Answered Question
Jun 16th, 2003
User Badges:

I have a customer who feels that the Unity TUI is just too slow. There isn't a system problem, Unity is working normally. We are wondering if there is a faster set of prompts. I know that replacing prompts is not supported. Never the less, we would like to try editing some common prompts with shorter versions. Maybe just deleing silence.

This customer is licensed for 2 languages. They are only using 1. How could I use the second language for a faster version on the ENU prompts?

Correct Answer by lindborg about 14 years 2 months ago

There's really not going to be a way for you to customize the prompt set like this - are they using brief prompts for subscribers complaining about this? On the conversation page for subscribers you have the option of using "full" or "biref" menu styles - it defaults to full. You can change this on a per user basis or you can use BulkEdit to change large groups of folks en mass.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
lindborg Mon, 06/16/2003 - 09:15
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

There's really not going to be a way for you to customize the prompt set like this - are they using brief prompts for subscribers complaining about this? On the conversation page for subscribers you have the option of using "full" or "biref" menu styles - it defaults to full. You can change this on a per user basis or you can use BulkEdit to change large groups of folks en mass.

Actions

This Discussion