cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.1 User changeable password problem

Ben.Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ACS 3.1 server, and the user changable password server is running on IIS on an NT 4.0 server. For the most part, this works fine, but recently, one specific group on ACS has been saying that they cannot log in to UCP and change their passwords. I have tested this with my account, and have no problem. The strange thing is that when locally on the network, the test user from the problem group can log in and change his password. When connecting through our VPN 3030, he gets Login Failed when trying to log in to UCP to change his password. When I use my account to log in to UCP via the VPN, I don't have this problem. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

andyhkw72
Level 1
Level 1

I think this problem lies in your VPN group configuration and not your ACS. This specific group must be in a different VPN group as yours. This group might be restricted to a specific subnet only. Compare it with your VPN group to see that if there is any difference.

Ben, did you come up with a solution for this problem, I'm having the same issue ?

Thanks..

Hi,

Pl. be aware of the fact that UCP only works for the local ACS database, not if you integrate ACS with any external user database, like NT domaind/AD, ODBC etc.

Regards,

Mynul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: