cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP different subnets

bertault
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 1721 routers connected with a 56k leased line. How can I use tftp while connected to one routers subnet and tftp ing to the other router. TFTP server on the same subnet as routerA, telnet to routerB copy running tftp to server on routerA's subnet. This allows me to input the address of the tftp server but won't transfer the data.

6 Replies 6

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

it should work with no problem....

What TFTP server program are you using?

Regards,

Milan

TFTPD32 v2.0 Build Apr 4 2000 20:32:50. This is freeware and works fine if I use it to a router that is in the same subnet that I am. It only fails when I try to use it on the remote router.

What are the error messages?

Do you see any attempt to copy in the tftp server log file?

Are you able to ping from the router to the tftp server?

Regards,

Milan

Check your ROUTING. The problem is usually that the tftp server cannot find the network that the router is sourcing its request from. This happens because the router will source from the interface that faces the next hop to the server, the serial interface. Ping the tftp server from the router.

There is an attempt but the router can't find the server. I can ping the server.

Sorry, I was wrong I can't ping the TFTP server. What route would I need in the remote router to be able to ping the server? When I sho ip route it shows some rip entries. Is this right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: