cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls over PSTN during WAN failure 3.2(2c)

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

We have DDI's coming into our central site for users who are located at a branch site (running SRST).

Unanswered calls go to Unity.

During a WAN outage (and only during a WAN outage), we need to divert calls out to the PSTN instead of getting answered by Unity - which is what would usually happen.

Is this possible without manually creating a translation pattern (in a new partition) as and when needed ?

TIA,

Paul.

8 Replies 8

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

I think you can not do this as of now. You must manage it manually.

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Paul, in call manager 332, you can configure Auto Alternative Route group (AAR) for this.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/sys_ad/3_3_3/ccmcfg/b02aar.htm

In this scenario AAR is a good option.

AAR works when the call manager can no longer talk to the handsets at the remote site (or there is insufficient bandwidth) AND call manager is in control of the call routing.

If the call is coming into the main site then yes AAR will work, however if the call is coming in to the remote site then no AAR will not work, but you could try setting up dial-peer's with preference orders to route the DDI first to the CM ip address and second back out the pots to the DDI at the main site.

Another Paul

Thanks for the info.

We'll be upgrading to 3.3(2) in the near future so I suppose we'll have to manually acheive this until then.

Best wishes,

Paul.

pwhite
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

I too am confronted woth the same situation where the calls are forwarded to UNITY during a WAN failure. I have talked to TAC and their response is that this cannot be done, and that a "Call Forward on Failure" feature needs to be added to CallManager. I'm not sure if this is in the works or not.

I am wondering whether you solved this problem some other creative way that you may be willing to share.

TIA,

Peter

There is already a feature request to have "Call Forward on Failure" implemented. Please talk to your cisco account teams, and have them add on your business case for getting it implemented.

Hi,

Just to clarify, that if the WAN is down AAR cannot be used, it only works when the bandwidth is all used.

To get round this I had to use a translation pattern to add the DDI digits to the front of the extension number.

Glen

Hi Peter,

No, unfortunately, we haven't got a way to do this yet. We've learned to live with it !

Sorry,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: