cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to erase configuration to get rid of lines in config

l4nier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I am running a Pix 515 running version 6.3(1). I have a problem with some lines in my config that cannot be removed. It is really strange but no matter how I try to get rid of them they stay. I have tried prefixing the line with no and that doesn't work. It was suggested to me to erase the configuration, edit the configuration in a text editor and reload it. Do I need to erase the running config or the flash config or both? How do I do this and load the modified configuration back up.

Thanks.

Louanne Fournier

lfournier@nexterna.com

4 Replies 4

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

What lines are you trying to get rid of? Can you past them here?

You only need to erase the startup-config and reboot the device. [write erase] You will need consolse connectivity to accomplish this.

I have pasted the lines below. I am having trouble getting more than one user at a time to use split-tunnel. I am only using PAT so I thought it was that but other people told me I could have multiple users using the split-tunnel using only PAT. So when looking at my config I see these lines (it is the last two lines that are incorrect). They are incorrectly formatted and I am not sure where they come from or how to get rid of them.

vpngroup burlington address-pool burlingtonpool

vpngroup burlington dns-server 192.168.20.4

vpngroup burlington wins-server 192.168.20.4

vpngroup burlington default-domain nextworld.com

vpngroup burlington split-tunnel 101

vpngroup burlington idle-time 1800

vpngroup group idle-time 1800

vpngroup split-tunnel idle-time 1800

Louanne

vgrigaliunas
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into the same problem with the ntp commands on a PIX 535. What I did was use the "clear" command - in my case "clear ntp" - which removed all ntp related commands from the config, but hung my telnet session.

However, after logging back in I wasn't able to ADD any ntp commands until rebooting the PIX. I have a TAC case open on this.

By the way, it seems that adding more than one ntp server to the config hangs the ntp process on the PIX.

I agree with V. Backup your config. Use the [clear vpngroup] command and it should erase all configuration for [vpngroup]. Then simply copy and paste the lines back in.

Do you have SmartNet? You should open up a Cisco TAC case so that a bug ID can be assigned to get this fixed for other users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: