cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to erase configuration to get rid of lines in config

l4nier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I am running a Pix 515 running version 6.3(1). I have a problem with some lines in my config that cannot be removed. It is really strange but no matter how I try to get rid of them they stay. I have tried prefixing the line with no and that doesn't work. It was suggested to me to erase the configuration, edit the configuration in a text editor and reload it. Do I need to erase the running config or the flash config or both? How do I do this and load the modified configuration back up.

Thanks.

Louanne Fournier

lfournier@nexterna.com

4 Replies 4

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

What lines are you trying to get rid of? Can you past them here?

You only need to erase the startup-config and reboot the device. [write erase] You will need consolse connectivity to accomplish this.

I have pasted the lines below. I am having trouble getting more than one user at a time to use split-tunnel. I am only using PAT so I thought it was that but other people told me I could have multiple users using the split-tunnel using only PAT. So when looking at my config I see these lines (it is the last two lines that are incorrect). They are incorrectly formatted and I am not sure where they come from or how to get rid of them.

vpngroup burlington address-pool burlingtonpool

vpngroup burlington dns-server 192.168.20.4

vpngroup burlington wins-server 192.168.20.4

vpngroup burlington default-domain nextworld.com

vpngroup burlington split-tunnel 101

vpngroup burlington idle-time 1800

vpngroup group idle-time 1800

vpngroup split-tunnel idle-time 1800

Louanne

vgrigaliunas
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into the same problem with the ntp commands on a PIX 535. What I did was use the "clear" command - in my case "clear ntp" - which removed all ntp related commands from the config, but hung my telnet session.

However, after logging back in I wasn't able to ADD any ntp commands until rebooting the PIX. I have a TAC case open on this.

By the way, it seems that adding more than one ntp server to the config hangs the ntp process on the PIX.

I agree with V. Backup your config. Use the [clear vpngroup] command and it should erase all configuration for [vpngroup]. Then simply copy and paste the lines back in.

Do you have SmartNet? You should open up a Cisco TAC case so that a bug ID can be assigned to get this fixed for other users.