Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 AND PROCOLS THAT REQUIRE AUTHENTICATION AS SMTP, FTP

nvillasenor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a very big problem with my pix 515 version 6.2 (2). I have just installed and configured it. I configured acls to permit ftp from inside to a server in dmz, and permit smtp from inside to a smtp server in Internet. Both requiere authentication.

The question is that when I go through the firewall I get an authentication failure (I see packets traversing the pix so the connection arrives to the peer). If i don´t use fw it works properly. I have fixup configured for ftp and smtp, but if I deactivate it, it does not work either.

Any clues?

Is it possible that the firewall could be changing data packets (user, password)?

Thanks a lot,

regards,

Nuria

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Are you using RADIUS for authentication by any chance. If so, please see bug CSCdz64205 that talks about authentication failure while using RADIUS due to the PIX sending Incorrect Radius Request ID. The problem has been fixed in later versions of PIX os and upgrading would probably be a good idea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: