cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Translator

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 3.3(2) for whatever reason the MOH translator is not converting the files into G.711. Its always converting it into G.729. So I am getting very poor quality for MOH.

6 Replies 6

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

It would always translate to both the codecs. Check http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b3eac.html

I am only wondering if the device and server are in two different locations if not geographically but configuration wise. You may want to verify this.

I have not configured any location. Device pool is same for both of them. Even sample audio source file has g.729 codec it doesnt have g.711.

Goto the Service Paramaters for the IP Voice Media Streaming App. At the bottom of the page, there is a paramater "supported MoH codecs" with a list of codecs. I suspect that you only have g.729 highlighted, highlight only the codecs that you are actually going to use.

If you highlight all the codecs, then a file will be created for every codec. Add several MoH sources and the space used adds up pretty quickly, and makes your backups huge.

I have highlighted g.729 and g.711. But still itc converting into g.729 only.

There should be 4 output files: g729, wb (wideband), ulaw (G.711 ulaw), and alaw (G.711 alaw).

Double-tap the "i" button or "?" button on the held IP phone while it's been put on hold, and you'll see what codec is being used. The codec to use for the held call is determined by the region setting between the MOH server device and the held device.

When I will put a caller on hold the codec in the info is g.729 and I have only one region which is default. The codec within this region is g.711. The important thing is that I cant see g.711 fine in audio source properties.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: