ISDN PRI, Error Incoming Calls Barred when making outgoing Calls

Unanswered Question
Jul 7th, 2003
User Badges:

Running a debug ISDN Q931 on a 3660 Router with an NM-HDV-1T1 card connected to an isdn PRI voice circuit, when making an outgoing call from an IP Phone, the call just hangs up on the phone. The show ISDN Service and status commands on the router show everything as being up. If I run a debug ISDN Q931 I get the error Incoming calls are barred, (even though I am making an outgoing call. I have already contacted the telco and they say everything is configured correctly. If it is of any help I am running H.323 on this gateway, version 12.3(1)a code IP Plus, and NI2 ISDN Signalling. The full debug is below. Let me know what you think?

5d16h: ISDN Se2/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0001

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '61001'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '8437307'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

5d16h: ISDN Se2/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8001

Cause i = 0x82B6 - Incoming calls are barred

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
thusain Mon, 07/07/2003 - 13:11
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

That error message that you are seeing is coming from the telco. It does not seem like they allow INCOMING calls to THEIR SWITCH.

Also the plan type you are sending is national and the number is local. It may be barring long distnace calls.

Add the following command under the d channel of yuor router.

isdn map address ^. plan unknown type unknown

That will change the plan to unknown.

dgoodwin Wed, 07/09/2003 - 21:12
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The other thing I have seen is that you may not have all channels in service. Telco might only have 12 channels available for example, if the order was not entered correctly. You should ask them how many B channels are activated in the trunk.

Additionally, you can try to configure:

interface Serial2/0:23

isdn bchan-number-order ascending

So that calls will start on channel 1 instead of channel 23, and then see if the call works. Remember to change it back to descending once you have the problem resolved.

Actions

This Discussion