Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

unity 4.0.2 install on DC

Unanswered Question
Jul 9th, 2003
User Badges:

can unity 4.0.2 be installed on a domain controller with exchange 2000 on it? i have run the permissions wizard under prereqs and extended the AD schema and delegated control to the unity user accounts on the exchange server and it still won't let me by the pre-reqs screen. can someone help me? i have two accounts. ciscodirectoryservice and unitymsgstore and i logged in under administrator of the domain on the dc. i haev enterprise admin rights as well as domain admins rights.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sallwine Wed, 07/09/2003 - 09:14
User Badges:

What is the actual error message that you are receiving?

m.matteson Wed, 07/09/2003 - 16:40
User Badges:

there wasn't exactly an error message. Its just that when i load up setup.exe it always goes to the pre-installation requirements menu, although to the best of my knowledlge. I have created two accounts one for directory service and the other for the message store. gone into domain policies and allowed the account i log in under (domain admins) to have "allow act as part of operating system" policy and i also allowed logon as service. am i missing something? where do i actually begin setup?

lindborg Wed, 07/09/2003 - 19:13
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The place to start is the install guide... the section you want to begin with for 4.0(2) is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080150800.html

running setup.exe is SUPPOSED to show that pre installation screen - just do what it says and carry on, the rest of the setup wizards will be launched. Even if you have to run permissions wizard again, just go ahead and do it - it'll write into the registry that you've done it and move on to the next steps.

We did this because apparently no one reads the installation guides and we wanted to make absolutely sure all the steps were followed in order...

uversave Thu, 07/10/2003 - 05:59
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Michael

In reply to your initial question on the fact if we do support Unity to be installed on an exchange server that also has Ex2k installed have a look at the Cisco Unity Design Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00801187c6.html#1093871

For Unified Messaging:

Cisco Unity as a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows 2000 domain. Cisco Unity as a Windows 2000 DC/GC server is not supported.

For Voice Mail Only

The Cisco Unity server as a member server in a Windows 2000 domain.

The Cisco Unity server as a Windows 2000 DC/GC in a Windows 2000 domain. This Windows 2000 domain can be an isolated, dedicated Voice Messaging domain or it can be an existing domain in a company network provided the domain is servicing Cisco Unity. The domain controller should not be servicing non-Cisco Unity client requests such as logon authentication for end-users or their computer.

Kind Regards

Ullie

Actions

This Discussion