cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CBAC be configured on GRE Tunnel interface?

r.nair
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where it is required to do NAT with different pool when passing through GRE tunnel and through Serial interface directly to Internet. The GRE traffic is also encrypted using IPSec tunnel.

I intend to do CBAC inspection at the outside interface for Internet traffic; however for the traffic passing through the GRE tunnel, I plan to use CBAC inspection on Tunnel interface. My question is whether it is possible to configure CBAC inspection at the Tunnel interface. The router is also the GRE and IPSec tunnel end point.

Otherwise is there a better way to implement CBAC; like applying CBAC on inside interface. There are only two interfaces in the router.

Regards

Raj

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, CBAC can be configured with GRE over IPSec tunnels. For an example, please see http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/dmvpn-gre-ospf.html. In this example, the tunnel source is the FastEthernet0/0 and CBAC is applied to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: