Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

NM-16A internal modem

Unanswered Question
Jul 23rd, 2003
User Badges:

my NM-16A in cisco3661 can not answer call,but U.S.robotics modem can .when I use reverse telnet to the modem, it shows no dial tone, i also use x3 to ignore the dial tone, it shows no carrier. Are some ways to solve this?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
makchitale Thu, 07/24/2003 - 07:51
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You mean when you insert the same phone line into an USR modem it can answer the call...means the phone line is ok.

1)When you reverse telnet into the modem, can you dial out using ATDT?

2)After reverese telnetting into the modem, issue the following: AT&fs0=1

3)Try another modem port...do you see the same issue? Or even inserting into another chassis slot (if possible)

4)Ensure the chassis is grounded properly.

Thanks,Mak.

newleecn Sat, 07/26/2003 - 01:16
User Badges:

Thanks, Mak.

1.When using reverse telnet to modem, I can't dial out, it indicates NO DIALTONE.

2.I have issued AT&FS0=1,no success.

3.I have issued ATS6=5 to wait for dialtone,no success.

4.I have issued ATX3 to ignore the dialtone, it indicate NO CARRIER.

Thanks,newleecn

makchitale Sat, 07/26/2003 - 05:57
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

One very important point when it comes to the modular routers, please ensure you are using the correct line number when reverse telnetting into the modems....I have seen confusion in the past on the same...expecially when testing we might be reverse telnetted on another modem versus the line being connected to another modem (this is just to make sure that the AT commands were added to the modem on which the test was carried out),

To map the interface number to a line number, multiply the slot number by 32, add the unit number, and add 1:

line number = ( * 32) + + 1

Ensure you are on the latest modem firware:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/x600-analog

We could be having a bad hardware as well, does this happen on all the modem ports?

Thanks, Mak.

Actions

This Discussion