Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Failover Replication of PDS1.txt

Unanswered Question
Jul 29th, 2003
User Badges:

I continue to have a problem with failover on Unity 3.1(5) with Exch 55. When in failover mode, inbound calls are accepted and the handler responds with generic prompts rather than subscriber recorded and specified prompts. All configuration seems correct, and I've used tech notes and white papers referenced by this forum in the recent past - along with TAC, to implement the failover configuration (including CM 3.3(2c) AdvancedCallHopFlag service parameter to True) in Unity and CM.

What I am seeing on the failover server (Unity-2) is an event application log error that reports PDS1.txt and SDS1.txt in the \commserver\snapshot dir are out of sync. When I check the dir contents, it is empty. I manually copied the PDS1.txt from Unity-1 to Unity-2, and it immediately created the SDS-1.txt file. The SDS1.txt file began as a 0K file and expanded to larger than the PDS1.txt, then both files disappeared. The disappearance appears to correlate to a Logmgr Pumpeventlogdata error in the Unity-1 application event. I can't find any documentation on the underlying process(s) or why the replication process does not maintain the PDS1 and SDS1 files. Is there anything obvious I'm missing?

Thanks, Steve Sutton ([email protected])

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bbaldwin Tue, 07/29/2003 - 14:17
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The failover system is attempting to replicate files between your Unity1 and Unity2. Make sure the commserver\shapshot directory is accessible to both Unity servers from either system. Directory permissions can sometimes be the cause of problems here.

bbaldwin Tue, 07/29/2003 - 14:18
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

correction - that dir is commserver\sNapshot

Actions

This Discussion