Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

VXworks to IOS conversion w/ WLSE

Unanswered Question
Jul 31st, 2003
User Badges:

I can convert one of my 1200 access points (firmware 12.02T) to IOS with the Wireless Lan Solution Engine (2.0) and configuration of AP is maintained. However, when I convert more than one AP at a time with WLSE, all APs are assigned the same IP address and hostname, causing problems. Has anyone experienced this in the upgrade process?

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jakew Thu, 07/31/2003 - 13:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Are you attaching a configuration template for your security parameters? If so, what's in it? Do a "preview" to see if there's arbitrarily something in it that'll set the IP address.

mccormickk Fri, 08/01/2003 - 05:18
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a security template, following the documentation. There is nothing regarding IP info in it. Also, I tried the upgrade on 2 separate groups, both groups acquired an IP & hostname of one AP in their respective groups. Is the WLSE only capable of one AP IOS upgrade per job?

jakew Sun, 08/03/2003 - 10:37
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The conversion should support multiple APs per job. Haven't seen this myself. Need to get the test team to look into it.

yantisj Wed, 08/13/2003 - 15:50
User Badges:

We have the same exact problem. The only workaround at this time seems to be scheduling individual jobs for each AP. It sucks, but it saves a lot more time than dealing with the alternative. TAC doesn't seem to know and we're going to have to wait for a bug fix it seems.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode