cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VXworks to IOS conversion w/ WLSE

mccormickk
Level 1
Level 1

I can convert one of my 1200 access points (firmware 12.02T) to IOS with the Wireless Lan Solution Engine (2.0) and configuration of AP is maintained. However, when I convert more than one AP at a time with WLSE, all APs are assigned the same IP address and hostname, causing problems. Has anyone experienced this in the upgrade process?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

jakew
Level 1
Level 1

Are you attaching a configuration template for your security parameters? If so, what's in it? Do a "preview" to see if there's arbitrarily something in it that'll set the IP address.

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a security template, following the documentation. There is nothing regarding IP info in it. Also, I tried the upgrade on 2 separate groups, both groups acquired an IP & hostname of one AP in their respective groups. Is the WLSE only capable of one AP IOS upgrade per job?

The conversion should support multiple APs per job. Haven't seen this myself. Need to get the test team to look into it.

We have the same exact problem. The only workaround at this time seems to be scheduling individual jobs for each AP. It sucks, but it saves a lot more time than dealing with the alternative. TAC doesn't seem to know and we're going to have to wait for a bug fix it seems.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card