LEAP question

Answered Question

I’m using LEAP with a Cisco ACS and Aironet 350 access points. I have configured the ACS to change the WEP keys every 30 minutes.

I’m getting the following message periodically on the access point.

“No EAP-Authentication response for Station”.

The client eventually does authenticate and gain access to the network, but when they get this message, they loose network connectivity.

An ideas?

What version of ACS are you using? There is a known issue with ACS 2.6.x. The problem being LEAP timeouts. Users must try LEAP multiple time before a sucessful athentication.

-------------

CSCds88673: Timeout issue for Aironet client causing authentication problem

Cisco Secure ACS pauses for several seconds before replying to a Cisco Aironet Access Point authentication request. This results in the Access Point resending its authentication request.

Workaround/Solution: None. Authentications for valid requests succeed after the delay.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer

What version of ACS are you using? There is a known issue with ACS 2.6.x. The problem being LEAP timeouts. Users must try LEAP multiple time before a sucessful athentication.

-------------

CSCds88673: Timeout issue for Aironet client causing authentication problem

Cisco Secure ACS pauses for several seconds before replying to a Cisco Aironet Access Point authentication request. This results in the Access Point resending its authentication request.

Workaround/Solution: None. Authentications for valid requests succeed after the delay.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network