cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP question

cmd1
Level 1
Level 1

I’m using LEAP with a Cisco ACS and Aironet 350 access points. I have configured the ACS to change the WEP keys every 30 minutes.

I’m getting the following message periodically on the access point.

“No EAP-Authentication response for Station”.

The client eventually does authenticate and gain access to the network, but when they get this message, they loose network connectivity.

An ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cgregg
Level 1
Level 1

What version of ACS are you using? There is a known issue with ACS 2.6.x. The problem being LEAP timeouts. Users must try LEAP multiple time before a sucessful athentication.

-------------

CSCds88673: Timeout issue for Aironet client causing authentication problem

Cisco Secure ACS pauses for several seconds before replying to a Cisco Aironet Access Point authentication request. This results in the Access Point resending its authentication request.

Workaround/Solution: None. Authentications for valid requests succeed after the delay.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cgregg
Level 1
Level 1

What version of ACS are you using? There is a known issue with ACS 2.6.x. The problem being LEAP timeouts. Users must try LEAP multiple time before a sucessful athentication.

-------------

CSCds88673: Timeout issue for Aironet client causing authentication problem

Cisco Secure ACS pauses for several seconds before replying to a Cisco Aironet Access Point authentication request. This results in the Access Point resending its authentication request.

Workaround/Solution: None. Authentications for valid requests succeed after the delay.

I was afraid of that. I am running version 2.6. I guess its time to upgrade!

Thanks for your reply!

Chris

Your Welcome. I hope the new deployment of ACS goes well.

Curtis R. Gregg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card