cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling read receipts

n.kyei
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently there is a registry hack that hides read receipts from Unity so Unity does not recognize them as messages. Anybody knows where this is done??

7 Replies 7

n.kyei
Level 1
Level 1

I think I found it, it was under Tools Depot => Administration Tools, select 'Exclude return receipts from voice mail stack'. This should be set to 1.

Thanks

yeah, that's the one.

Just to be clear, this affect only read and delivery receipts - Non delivery receipts will always be presented. In 4.0(1) and later you can dictate that these NDRs be offered at the "bottom" of the message stack but they'll always be there.

I am dealing with the exact same issue. I am not sure exactly where you are finding this information. Can you please be more specific, on the location of the 'Exclude return receipts from voice mail stack'.

You didn't note your version of Unity but if you're running 4.0(3) or later you should see the "advanced settings tool" in the Tools Depot application right off your desktop. You can get an updated version of the Advanced Settings Tool off www.CiscoUnityTools.com, however that option for excluding return reciepts has been in there for some time.

As always Thank you for the help.

Thanks!

Tommy

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running unity 4.0.3 with domino 6.0.2. I have set the option in the advanced settings tool for "exclude return reciept from voicemail stack" to 1 and restarted unity. However when I get a RR in my inbox unity is still reading it to me. I even disabled the AVTTSSVR service.

Has anyone seens this problem before?

Thanks

Frank

The Domino integration doesn't currently support the read receipts registry key setting. See this thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eea5685/2#selected_message