cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.2 default failsafe message

garry.connolly
Level 1
Level 1

On a new installation if call manager 3.3.2 and unity 4.0.2 integrated into exchange 2000. When dialling the extension and getting unity greeting the server then replies "Sorry the the system is temporarily unable to complete your call please try again later".

When the user dials unity the same message is played after the password is entered.

All permissions check successful in the wizard and new users can be added into exchange from the system admin page.

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Are these machines patched for the Blaster worm? These symptoms you describer are consistent with infected systems. Please check out this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity-love-worm.html

Let me know if you are not infected and we can take it from there. Posting the exact even log messages would be helpful.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

We have run the appropriate file, and the server is not infected.

Here's an event :

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PHGreeting

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 107

Date: 14/08/2003

Time: 05:52:36

User: N/A

Computer: UMNHSDEW01

Description:

RecordMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 3269 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.1.55\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Hope this sheds some light

Many thanks

I am getting the same behavior and message.

RecordMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 3269 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.1.55\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

That error indicates a problem during a recording session - which seems odd based on the first description (i.e. you get that error without even hearing the greeting of the call handler) - I'm not sure that makes sense.

Are there any _other_ errors in the event log? Maybe something from the MIU component? What about if you dial in to check messages directly, do you get failsafe? If so, what error pops up there? Are _any_ calls working here?

I'm assuming you're on the same version as the original poster - if not, let us know what Unity build/CM and TSP versions you're using.

The issue may be that your user has an apostrophe in their alias. Go to the following link and see if this bug fits your issue. Fyi, it only applies to Unity 4.0.1 and 4.0.2.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCeb13891

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: