cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing A VG248

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

I have never configured/installed a VG248 before. One of ours seems to be failing.. one of the voltage settings (3.3) is reading low and it continually drops offline. I have a spare. What is the easiest way to replace the device... Is there some way of doing it such that all of the programmed ports on the bad one appear in the one I will replace it with, or does everything have to be rebuilt?

Please help... Thanks

5 Replies 5

There is no easy way of replacing the programming of the VG248 that I know of and we have had to replace several of the VG248's because of this low voltage problem. There are a couple of bat routines that might ease the pain.

Good luck.

you are right... There was no easy way.. I had to re-create each and every extension by scratch, or go through the process of making a BAT file...

You would think you could update the MAC and change it to the mac of the replacment vg248 and all ports with that mac would update. Cisco - get on the ball here.. What is with this.

It would be nice to be able to use BAT to update VG248 ports as well

In CallManager 3.3 you can simply just change the MAC on the VG248 Gateway config in CallManager and all of the phones will change. You can also copy the config of one port to all of the others, retaining unique DN's.

Hi Chris!

Mike Heinz

hey Mike... How have you been? This is good to know. Thats exactly what I had in mind with what should be happening in 3.2... Just change the mac and go... Looks like we will have to wait for 3.3... in the meantime I will hold my breath that this does not happen again! Take care..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: