cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-4BRI-U Interface Pooling for DDR

gabuelhaj
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3640 router that supports multiple frame relay PVC's on multiple T1's. This router also has the NM-4BRI-U interface cards. This is a hub/spoke topology.

I would like help on configuring the NM-4BRI-U interfaces to field the calls to a single number if possible. As it stands today, if I loose let's say 2 PVC's, the first one to call will get connected while leaving the other one in a disconnect (can't connect) state. Current config works fine if I loose one PVC but not with multiple PVC's as the remotes are all configured with the same number to call. I would like to use all 4 BRI interfaces in a (rotary) pool. Each T1 has 4 to 5 PVC's so the NM-4BRI-U should be able to support the 4 PVC circuit per se.

The remotes use the 26xx series.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

1 Reply 1

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

You need to make sure that the phone company providing the BRIs has them all in the same rotary group. Since a call can not connect when another call is up, it sounds like they are not currently in a rotary group.

Good luck.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: