Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

S_OPEN_PEND status

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2003
User Badges:

I am having problem with my VG200. The status of VPM STATE change to S_OPEN_PEND. I tried to look for the definition of the specified error to cisco site but can't find any information. Is there anyone who know/encounter this problem and how to fix it. By the way, I am using FXO on my voice gateway.

Thanks,

Andy

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jtufail Wed, 08/20/2003 - 07:58
User Badges:

Seems like the port got stuck. Did you try shut/no shut on the port. Also what does the sh voice call summary and sh call active voice brief show? Do you see any stuck calls?

lopezasp Mon, 08/25/2003 - 22:17
User Badges:

yes I try but it seems that there is no effect so I reboot the VG then everythings back to normal. But after a few days the problem occur again. Is there any solution to that problem. As of now even though it is not a good practice what I did to solve the problem is to reboot the VG every morning to avoid the error.

Thanks,

8r-schumann Tue, 08/26/2003 - 06:17
User Badges:

To me it sounds like an answer supervison problem. If you are using the FXO the PBX it is attached to is expecting the phone (FXO) to go on hook (remove battery from the line). But, the VG248 is expecting the PBX to tell it when the call is disconnected.

To verify this may be the problem do a show voice port and see if it is configured for loop start signaling. Change it to ground start signaling (both sides) and see if that corrects the issue.

If ground start is not available on the PBX verify that the VG248 is enabled for power denial by doing a 'show voice port' and seeing if supervisory disconnect is active.

jtufail Tue, 08/26/2003 - 07:38
User Badges:

A shut/no shut of the port will clear the supervisory disconnect issue, if that was the case. I would still like to see the sh ver and sh voice call sum, sh voice port sum and sh call act voice brief.

Actions

This Discussion