Views
Helpful
Replies

CSACS limit which NAS users can log onto

jasonhumes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I administer a CSACS server which is responsible for authentication of users for multiple networks and different NAS. I was wondering if there is any way in which I could limit which NAS a group of users is allowed to access (Log on to). Thanks very much

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the group, go to the Network Access Restrictions section and add the permitted/denied NAS's in there. Use * for port and address. This will permit/deny users within this group from authentication to the NAS's that you add to the NAR list.

Hello

Well, I've tried to set this up, but for some reason, all users in any group are able to authenticate to any NAS. What I did was under the group I want to restrict I clicked on "Per User Defined NAR", then "Denied Calling...", then I select the NAS I want to deny the users access to, and under port and IP I just use * then I click submit and restart and for some reason, these users can still access the NAS I selected under AAA Client. Please help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: