cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forward incoming calls directly to voice mail

z-arif
Level 1
Level 1

If a user doesn't want to answer a call is there a way to press a button to send the call to Voice Mail instead of waiting for standard ringout

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no way to force the incoming call to forward to voice mail right away once the call's been offered already (i.e. by the time they know who it is) at the phone.

Unity does offer "Call screening" features if the call is being transfered through the Unity auto attendant - Unity asks the caller to say their name and that name is played to the target subscriber who then has the option of taking the call or sending them to voice mail.

This requires, however, that the call come through the Unity auto attendant - there's no way to do this if the call comes into the phone directly without Unity knowing about it yet.

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This would be a feature of the phone system if available. For example, with Call Manager, my Cisco IP Softphone allows me to do exactly this. Check out...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800bdb99.html#87593

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: