Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

PIX with PBR?

Answered Question
Sep 9th, 2003
User Badges:

Hi!

Is it possible to configure Policy Based Routing in a PIX?

regards

Correct Answer by scoclayton about 13 years 11 months ago

Hi,

Nope, not at this time anyway. With the incarnation of OSPF on the PIX, a lot of the command syntax is currently in place for this support but we are still missing the code to work with it. This is something we are looking at however. As a result, if you are insterested in this, I would encourage you to speak with your local Cisco account team about having this feature added to upcoming PIX code. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Scott

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)

Hi -

The answer to your question is 'no' - PIX is NOT a router! I think that Cisco are looking into this, but you can send request for this to be added in the future relase of PIX IOS, PIX IOS 6.3 has OSPF - The more people ask for it, then hopefully Cisco will take notice!!!

Thanks - Jay

Correct Answer
scoclayton Tue, 09/09/2003 - 11:28
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi,

Nope, not at this time anyway. With the incarnation of OSPF on the PIX, a lot of the command syntax is currently in place for this support but we are still missing the code to work with it. This is something we are looking at however. As a result, if you are insterested in this, I would encourage you to speak with your local Cisco account team about having this feature added to upcoming PIX code. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Scott

ovieira Thu, 09/11/2003 - 04:05
User Badges:

Thanks Jay and Scott for your help.

regards

Actions

This Discussion