Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX with PBR?

ovieira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Is it possible to configure Policy Based Routing in a PIX?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Nope, not at this time anyway. With the incarnation of OSPF on the PIX, a lot of the command syntax is currently in place for this support but we are still missing the code to work with it. This is something we are looking at however. As a result, if you are insterested in this, I would encourage you to speak with your local Cisco account team about having this feature added to upcoming PIX code. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Hi -

The answer to your question is 'no' - PIX is NOT a router! I think that Cisco are looking into this, but you can send request for this to be added in the future relase of PIX IOS, PIX IOS 6.3 has OSPF - The more people ask for it, then hopefully Cisco will take notice!!!

Thanks - Jay

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Nope, not at this time anyway. With the incarnation of OSPF on the PIX, a lot of the command syntax is currently in place for this support but we are still missing the code to work with it. This is something we are looking at however. As a result, if you are insterested in this, I would encourage you to speak with your local Cisco account team about having this feature added to upcoming PIX code. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Scott

Thanks Jay and Scott for your help.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: