cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT: VPN through PIX 501 fails: No respond

laupeng
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed a PIX 501 firewall on site A (xDSL connection)and users from site A need to access network at site B using Windows PPTP VPN connection. Currently there is a PIX 515E installed at site B and the PIX 515E is authenticating all VPN clients. There is no problem if I use dial up to connect to site B (VPN), however, I failed to connect to PIX 515E using VPN after installing PIX 501. I can surf the net and receive/send emails. The error always shows that the remote computer is not responding. I tried at other sites using xDSL (without PIX firewall) and VPN and there is no problem to connect to site B. Is there any setting/ports setting that I must set/open? Please help. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Try adding:

sysopt connection permit-pptp

on the 501.

I have already added this command, but it didn't work. After making connection, the screen on the client PC shows that it is verifying username and password, and then return error "Remote computer does not respond"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: