Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA-188: two fxs ports having the same number

kozharov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

trying to figure the subject out. I'd like 2 phones connected to the same ATA having the same number. If the first line is busy, the second line should accept the call.

short testing with UID0 and UID1 having the same number didn't succeed. If the first line is busy, incoming call gets busy signal even if the second line is idle.

Does anybody know how it can be done within ATA config or maybe at the central GW?

Thanks,

Mike

4 Replies 4

fbadr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike

well i dont know about the ATA but if you have a cisco GW you can configure 2 dial-peer pots reffering to the same destination pattern each to 2 different port but with 2 different precendence

so if the first is busy second dial peer will match

i dont know if this will help

Hi,

unfortunately this will not help. ATA has 2 fxs ports refered to 1 ip address. I can configure 2 dial-peer voip's on central GW with the same session-target and the same destination-pattern, but it obviously helps nothing. The problem is how to force ATA not to reject the call if the first line is busy (for example, I picked up the phone), but try to use the second line.

Mike

What codec do you use on ATA18x ? Only g711 can work at one time on both line .

I just tried different codecs: G.711, G.729, G.723.1, the result is the same. I'm not able to call the second line (having the same number as the first one) when the first line is busy.

Is that theoretically possible?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: