Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
dugrant Fri, 09/12/2003 - 16:28
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Not built into CM itself, a CRS application could accomplish this.

adignan Mon, 09/15/2003 - 05:55
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I accomplished this by using CRS/IVR. It was for a hospital and they did not want people to be able to call into the AA and be transferred to a patient room. What I did was make sure all patient phones were in the same CSS (Patients-CSS). Then after 8 p.m. if someone called in, entered an extenstion, I would connect to the CM database, look up the extensions CSS, if it was = Patients-CSS I would play them a message and drop the call.

jrachut Thu, 10/09/2003 - 01:40
User Badges:

hi,

i want to use this feature in the other direction:

i want to deny a special group to phone out after f.e. 8 p.m.! could i accomplish that in the same way?

thx jochen

sgit Thu, 10/09/2003 - 01:54
User Badges:

A little differently. That is via time based ACLs. Nailed it down to the IP address which means affected phones will have to be statically addressed.

Apply ACL on applicable gateways.

jrachut Thu, 10/09/2003 - 02:10
User Badges:

mhh, i had this idea too, but the problem is, that the customer don't want to accomplish that over the gateways, but instead it should be more a service! for example you could have scheduler, which always denies outcalls after 8 p.m. ...

isn't it possible to do that in a kind of time-based service?

i thought of something like that:

to do a outcall, you have to dial a special diggit, f.e. "0". between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., if you dial "0" the call is routed f.e. to a special voice-box with a message "no calls between 8 and 8" or somethink like that! but an emergency-call (f.e. 911) must be possible!

any idea's? i think this toppic is very important, because you could schedule and/or restrict illegal use of the phones!

jochen

sgit Thu, 10/09/2003 - 03:08
User Badges:

My current understanding is that this issue is being addressed in V4 due in December or least so I have been assured by TAC.

Well, you've got a bit of a tricky scenario on your hands, in that the only way out might be a third party apps. Berbee are quite good for things like that.

The problem is that, say you dial 9 for off-net calls. The call is first processed by CM which has no awareness of the time of day, at least with regards to call processing. I thus failed to see at least how you can achieve your objectives with the current native features of CM.

Do have CRS/IVR?

Actions

This Discussion