Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Security Issues

mtrf
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am sucessfully configured my LAN switches for port security auto shutdown and max-mac-count 1 in order to protect any body to plug they laptop or any other device to get connected with my network without authorized approval. I knew it is hactak but security is our prime consideration. We are using Ciscoworks2000 for managment and my switches are 6509 & 3500 series.

My concern here is, if any body violated the rule I should get email message by informing that, this purticular port is shutdown, based on that I can take some action. Somebody earlier suggested me that with the help of RTM or DFM we can configure some script to get that, but I didn't find any thing, please suggest or advice me...

Any help will be highly appreciated...

1 Reply 1

cminch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think you could get the information using RTM or DFM, you just need to set the rule up. You should also be able to see it if you have a syslog and the appropriate traps set. A lot of the script work for W2K is not very detailed and sparse.

Regards,

Corey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: