Views
Helpful
Replies

jtapi: get ip address

jrachut
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i'm developing a service, which grabs the caller id of an incoming call, and pushes informations to the called phone's display! but to push the info's to the phone (with the ciscoipphoneexecute tag), i need to know the called phone's ip address! i'm able to get the mac-address (f.e. sep123456789) and the dn (f.e. 123) of the phones, but how to get the ip addresses of the phone?

has anyone an idea?

thx jochen

4 Replies 4

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

Have you looked at the DeviceListX functionality? It's documented in the IPPS SDK, and should solve your problem...

hi, thanks for your fast reply!

i have the ipps sdk, but i can't find something like DeviceListX? could you give me a hint? when search cisco.com i also found nothing?

thx, jochen

sorry, i found it!

i have the sdk 3.3.2, but DeviceListX is available in ccm 3.3.3!

thx jochen

varamach
Level 1
Level 1

With CCM 3.3 and above, you can actually do a sendData() to the terminal. This is called XSI Device Data Pass Through. For this, you do not need to know the Ip address of the Cisco IP Phone that you are pushing to. All you need to have is a TerminalObserver. Check it out, and/or contact tapi_jtapi-sdp@cisco.com for more details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: