cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

speed-dial to prefix digits, is it possible?

f.chiesa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

a customer would like to associate to a speed dial button a prefix instead of a completed number. So, for example, pressing speed dial 1, there will be the prefix 00039222 on the screen of the phone. The phone should obviously wait for other digit to complete the number until the interdigit timeout expires. Does someone know if it is possible?

Thanks,

Fabio

Chiesa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rapik
Level 1
Level 1

you can try to setup this button not as "Speed Dial" but as "Line". than you setup additional CSS for this line that point to special Route Pattern. and in this Route Pattern you can add prefix digits.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

You could setup a translation pattern to do this, however you would need to have speed dials that are "different" than normal called numbers. In the states we use 1 for long distance, so you may need some 3 digit speed dials or something. You could also interface outlook, if you are using it, then they could dial from their contacts list. Much less administration for you. Or, you could make a speed dial list based on the "fast dials" option. Create a bogus user and assign the numbers and create a service and subsribe them to it.

Geoff

SOrry but I can understand well how to do it. FOr speed dial they think to the button on the right of the ip phone. DO you suggest to assign to them a number that is a TP? COuld you do an example, please?

I could create a TP called 1111 for example, translated to 00039, assign 1111 to the first button free for speed dial. But my question is: when I push that button, the phone will call 00039 and stop or will wait for additional digits?

Thanks,

Fabio

If you want to use the button on the side you will only be able to do 1 number per line. If you have 7940 you only have 1 speed dial line. 7960 you have 5 speed dial lines. How many speed dials do they want? You may need to make a service.

Geoff

It's strange but they need only one button to connect to "external" line so we have to associate the 0 prefix to that button but I'm not able to do it. If I try to do like a normal speed dial I receive a reorder tone when I push it. I cannot add the extra digit.

rapik
Level 1
Level 1

you can try to setup this button not as "Speed Dial" but as "Line". than you setup additional CSS for this line that point to special Route Pattern. and in this Route Pattern you can add prefix digits.

Wonderful!!!!

This is the solution, I have tried and it works at first trial!!! I have created a route pattern with ! like matching pattern and a 0 like prefix in the called digits.

Thanks a lot,

Fabio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: