Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Unity Server Name Change Redux

Unanswered Question

Have a Unity 3.x box that I want to upgrade to 4.x.

It is a standalone box therefore, has Exchange 2k installed and is the DC.

In my ultimate wisdom I named the box w/ an underscore and have read in the documentation that this will lead to certain failure.

That being said, can anyone tell me what my options are? Has anyone successfully upgraded w/ an underscore? Is there a work around? Do I just wipe and rebuild?

Fortunately it is a tiny install and I could probably rebuild it from scratch. If so, can I go directly to 4.x?

Thanks,

Israel

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kechambe Tue, 09/30/2003 - 14:42
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

You really don't have too many options here. As you know you need to reinstall. What you want to use to help you is the Disaster Recovery Tools. Make sure you have the latest set of tools from:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

DiRT requires that you restore to the same version you did the backup from so you are going to have to reinstall with 3.X first restore and then upgrade.

Hope this helps...

Keith

kechambe Tue, 09/30/2003 - 16:41
User Badges:

DiRT can backup all of the messages if that is what you mean...

Thanks,

Keith

So I can run the DiRT Tool, backup, wipe the system, reinstall OS, SQL, Exchange, Unity at same version level and then do a restore and everything is back up and normal? No issues w/ Exchange get a name change?

Why all the other doom and gloom on the other threads related to renaming w/ exchange on the box?

Thanks

kechambe Tue, 09/30/2003 - 18:22
User Badges:

That is all you have to do.

My guess is that people are just frustrated that they have to do it which I can understand. :-) Installing Unity isn’t all that fun...

Actions

This Discussion