How to configure my PC as a TFTP server

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2003

Hi all,

I got an issue, I wanna make my PC as a TFTP server to upgrade IOS on my routers. I would like to know how do I do it.I need some sort of TFTP client S/W or what.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
mrarahman Thu, 10/02/2003 - 05:53

Hi BB,

Thanks for the link.I have downloaded the S/W but still wondering how to use it,as we configure TFTP-SERVER on the router and the router PICKS up the file from the specified TFTP-SERVER. But how will it work using this tool. Its my first Exp with TFTP-servers ;-)

thisisshanky Thu, 10/02/2003 - 10:07

Place the IOS image file in the default TFTP directory ( you can find this from TFTP server -> Options or Preferences menu (usually) )

Now you also need to hook the server and router on the same lan (it could be in diff lan too-> just make sure they can reach each other).

Use the command : "copy tftp flash" and hit the return key. Router prompts u with the ip address of server, and the filename. Enter these information and hit the enter key, and it will upgrade the IOS for you.

pavlosd Thu, 10/02/2003 - 05:45

My favorite option is the "Klever Internet Nothings - PumpKIN". It is very good and user friendly.

It even gives you a pop up warning when trying to download a tftp reporting which machine is requesting the file and what file is requested.

Also reports the percentage download status and time remaining.

Home Page:

Software Download Link:

For Syslog I prefer the kiwi syslog deamon

Home Page:

This Discussion