Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

VPN client 401+ - Windows Issues

Unanswered Question

"The necessary VPN sub-system is not available. You can not connect to the remote VPN server".

I get this message in SEVERAL machines after stopping and trying to start the client and many times when u try to start it from a clean reboot.

I found all the caveats for this error, and they all say:

"Something has caused the VPN client service not to load".

Ok, so how do you fix it?? so u don't have to restart the service manually.

This is a BIG installation (university campus), and is causing frustration at all levels. It did not happen with the older client (3.6.3). Any help..

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
owillins Tue, 10/14/2003 - 10:17
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The error message indicates that the VPN client software didn't install properly. You will need to manually uninstall it then reinstall the VPN client software again.

Actually, I have seen several (this is a University Campus) machines with the same issue. The problem is random, and does not occur all the time. I uninstalled and re-installed many times. The VPN client does work, but once in a while u get this message. Seems that u need to wait about a minute after the computer reboots for all the services to start, if not, u get that message when u try to use the VPN client. I am not using "Start before Logon", so is not a fallback issue.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion